Top off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick93

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys do to keep the ph stable and not dropping it when topping off the tank with ro water ?

Doing water changes will help keep your ph at the right point as well as the other parameters. :) I top off over a gallon a day on my one tank and the ph is pretty much stable.

I have surface agitation (not a lot tho) and last time I topped off my ph dropped by like .2-.3 points the ro water I used was in a bucket with no movement what so ever so should I just get more surface agitation and I'm almost done setting up my refugium for it so hopefully the light being on down there when the display tank is off will help

Patrick93 said:
I have surface agitation (not a lot tho) and last time I topped off my ph dropped by like .2-.3 points the ro water I used was in a bucket with no movement what so ever so should I just get more surface agitation and I'm almost done setting up my refugium for it so hopefully the light being on down there when the display tank is off will help

Get at much surface movement as possible without spraying water everywhere...

Anything else other then chemical treatment. I have to babysit my ph lvls all the lime to.

I dose calcium. But recently heard kalkwasser is better. 130 gallon tank generally change 10 gallons a week.

If I don't add ph up. It will drop to about 7.8 in a week. I don't usually let that happe tho

Perhaps I'm overstocked. I wouldn't think so tho. 3 small damsels. 2 oscallis clowns. 2 green mandarins. A fox face and a scopas tang that are both about 4 inch and a blue regal that's about 6 inch. 30 gallon sump and sea skim 1200. Phosban reator 550. Lots of macro.

Sqasnatch said:
Perhaps I'm overstocked. I wouldn't think so tho. 3 small damsels. 2 oscallis clowns. 2 green mandarins. A fox face and a scopas tang that are both about 4 inch and a blue regal that's about 6 inch. 30 gallon sump and sea skim 1200. Phosban reator 550. Lots of macro.

What type of powerheads?

3 different sized koralia,s I'm at work and can't remember the size of them. Maybe they aren't enough gph. Will look into it

Have you tested nitrates and phosphates? And when was the last time you changed out the media in the phosban reactor? How much skimm do you get in a week? I am thinking you are having a nitrate spike or something along that line.

Um nitrates at zeroi do get a minimal reading of phosphates. Skimmer pulls out lots. Phosban reactor media gets changed monthly. Have a hard time getting calcium lvls above 340 even with heavy dosing. Corals do grow quickly still tho.

Back
Top Bottom