Torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got back from a 4 day vacation and noticed that one "head" on my torch coral is completely recessed, it looks like a skeloton. the other five are expanded and looking great. Will the death of the one head efect the colony? Any ideas of what could have caused this? My two percs hide the torch coral all of the time. Could they have irritiated it? Thanks...Lando

I had a Frogspawn with 4 heads had 2 die off for some reason and the other 2 are fine. I guess it all depends on why it died? If its some bacterial reason it could spread. Clowns can irritate corals so they don't extend there polyps all the way and IMO this would hurt the coral over time.

I have a torch that had two head die, right now the remaining 2 heads (one seems like its splitting) seem to be doing great. Also my clown loves my torch, it used to pull away from the clown , but now it doesnt mind it.

My torch had one head recessed a few days ago and I started worrying, just to see that the next day it was out again as if nothing ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom