Torch Coral Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had my torch maybe a month now and it will not color up. Is this just the type of color it has? It's under 3watt led's so it has plenty of light. Middle of the tank. Opens and closes every morning and night. Should I feed it Mysis? When I do that, it doesnt even seem to eat like duncans do.

I'm no expert but it looks like you have bleached the living day lights out of it, especially under the 3watt leds.. Move it to the sand bed and try and get it under a ledge in some shade

So should I move it? I thought when it's bleached it turns white. This one is a pinkish light color.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the color.. I can see a light pink color sort of in the center, but it looks very white to me. Is it the same color as when you bought it? Also how did you acclimate it to your current light?

Mine started out light tan, then a long time later it became green. It eats nothing out of the water as far as I can see and it's 5 years old now. Mine gets a PAR of about 150-200, so moderate light. LOTS of random flow.

Mine started out light tan, then a long time later it became green. It eats nothing out of the water as far as I can see and it's 5 years old now. Mine gets a PAR of about 150-200, so moderate light. LOTS of random flow.

That's what color mine is now....Light tank slightly pink

First shot is mine at a year old, second is today.

Attachments

• image-1164994182.jpg
    image-1164994182.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-571212302.jpg
    image-571212302.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 90
It's opening up fully. Waving in the current and all. I can't get it to eat Mysis though. Holds it in its tentacles then lets it go. I moved it from mid level to low.

It's opening up fully. Waving in the current and all. I can't get it to eat Mysis though. Holds it in its tentacles then lets it go. I moved it from mid level to low.

I have never seen mine eat anything at all. It probably does eat microscopic bacteria and other tiny things, but as far as prepared food, no.

Last edited:
I have tried several times to feed mine and have never seen it really get anything.. I watched a video from tidal gardens where they tried to feed torches and hammers and such with no luck.

I have tried several times to feed mine and have never seen it really get anything.. I watched a video from tidal gardens where they tried to feed torches and hammers and such with no luck.

OK I thought it was just me

Yeah.. Only thing I would suggest is moving it down.. It may have had A shock going from the lfs lighting to yours. It is fully opened though so that is a good sign.. Coloring up can take a while.. I didn't acclimate a birdsnest corals correctly to my lights, and it lost all if its nice neon green color... It's just now starting to get its color back after a month of moving it down

Protein Skimmer Question

I have a 55 gallon Aquarium with no sump. I am using a canister filter just to get rid of the surface scum that builds up. I have 2 Mp'10s but they don't point to the surface to clear the film. The canister is making my nitrates spike. I won 2 Eshopps psk-75H skimmers rated for 75 gallons each. Would that be overkill in my system? I really wanna ditch the canister but hate that surface film. I can't have a sump cause the landlord is having a fit about me having a tank already lol. I have 60 pounds of live rock and 55 pounds of Tropic Eden live sand. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom