Torch Coral Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed alot of peoples torch corals are short and stumpy. Mine is huge with super long tentacles. am I doing something wrong? Maybe more light? Excuse the lighting. I had the blues on. Help.

111366h.jpg

Wow beautiful torch! Super healthy, nothing wrong with it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow beautiful torch! Super healthy, nothing wrong with it

Thought it might be stretching for more light. Most of my friends Torches tentacles are short and thick.

That is the most beautiful thing I've seen in awhile In this hobby. It makes me want to get a long tentacle one.

That may have to do with flow too....not just lighting. I think yours looks just fine.

So more flow? It's crazy cause in the morning it's very very short. I almost think it's dead in it's skeleton. After 2 hours of light, it is HUGE! Which made me think it's trying to reach for more light. Then it splits so fast I have to keep fragging it so i guess it's happy. .

It looks very happy to me. As mentioned, flow probably has more to do with polyp extension than lighting.

That's actually a magnificently beautiful animal. I was not expecting that based off the title of the thread.

Based off how it looks "droopy" I personally would add more flow to the mix. But it's absolutely thriving and healthy.

WoW that's one sweet torch looks happy to me , there are 2 types long tentacle and short tentacle, I don't flip over the short tentacle ones they don't wave around as much, I've been fragging my long tentacle torches out , growing them big so I can trade some out they have been starting to split every 2 weeks they grow fast ,
I love that frog spawn above the torch also

Ok ill add another power head to add more flow. Just don't want to upset it then it doesn't come out again lol

Haha corals are weird... I have a Duncan colony that has massive heads. I work at a locally owned fish store, and three of my coworkers thought the Duncan colony was an elegance.

Attachments

• 1438288747128.jpg
    1438288747128.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom