Torches are not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had this torch for a year and under the same leds. It used to be up top for months and happy then all of a sudden one day it started to shrink and one head died so i moved it to the sand in case it needed less flow and its been barely surviving for a couple of months. Water params are good. All other LPS and SPS are doing good. Its turning white now. Could it be getting too much light? Any suggestions? As you can see in one of the pics, my frogspawn above it is doing well and bigger than a softball.

image-1668138181.jpg

image-4188451459.jpg

Have you checked parameters? Salinity, calcium etc...

They can become sensitive to salinity swings as well as pH swings.

Last edited:
Salinty stays consistently around .024-.026 since i do WC's every 10 days with NSW. Nothing has changed during the time it started declining. But i have started dosing kalk recently like 2 weeks ago since my calcium was on the low side at 380 and alk 7 and this is while dosing b ionic everyday. So since dosing kalk, my alk went to 12 and calium up to 400-410. Torch was surviving but not thriving under partial shade of an eggcrate frag tray. I moved it three days ago into direct light and it turned white like in the picture. I have never changed the flow strength or intervals of it in the tank. I moved it to the bottom after i noticed it wasnt doing well anymore because i thought it did not like the higher flow anymore. Btw: my n03 and p04 stay near 0. Its just weird that the torch is declining and then i have a frogspawn that is literally outgrowing its area in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom