Total Disolved Solids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on the TDS of the water source. A properly functioning RO unit should decrease TDS by ten fold (or more). For example if your tap water has a TDS of 300, after the RO it should be 30 or less. A DI will take care of the rest and bring it to 0 TDS.

Ahh ok. My tap water is a littl over 300 ppm and with the ro it is 21ppm. I called the company that made my ro filter and they said since it was less then a week old that the

21 will drop some more. I was just worried becuase I thought it should be real close to 0ppm..

FWIW I just replaced my RO membrane (Kent TFC) and my tap is about 290, after the RO it was at 12. 21 TDS is acceptable for just RO, you can add a DI on fairly cheaply and very easily to get it down to ~0.

IMO there is no way you are going to get 0 from just a ro unit with a start TDS of 300.
Do you mean ro/di unit? Now that should get you 0 or damn close to it.
And even if you have a low TDS that does not mean you will not have issues with your water, some things are not picked up with a TDS meter. And is the TDS good or bad TDS ? No way to tell.

Back
Top Bottom