Total LRR in Biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29g Biocube that is new and will be unstocked for a while during stabilization and setup. The center chamber in back is filled with bioballs and I think I am going to place LRR in there. My question is, should I completely fill the center chamber with LRR? Should I fill it only half way or should I do half LRR and half bioballs? I know that LRR is very beneficial but am not sure if there are limitations.

Amicus said:
I have a 29g Biocube that is new and will be unstocked for a while during stabilization and setup. The center chamber in back is filled with bioballs and I think I am going to place LRR in there. My question is, should I completely fill the center chamber with LRR? Should I fill it only half way or should I do half LRR and half bioballs? I know that LRR is very beneficial but am not sure if there are limitations.

For me, I knocked out all false floors. I added a inTank media rack and some live rock rubble in chamber 2. Bio balls are a nitrAte factory IMO.

Have you seen the inTank video? Or any of mine? You can really set that BC off if ya wanted too!

For me, I knocked out all false floors. I added a inTank media rack and some live rock rubble in chamber 2. Bio balls are a nitrAte factory IMO.

Have you seen the inTank video? Or any of mine? You can really set that BC off if ya wanted too!

Thanks. I'll defintely check out the inTank basket. I tried to access your videos but could not find them.

Wow, that's a nice tank, I hope that I can get mine to that point someday. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I found one rock with bubble algae on it last night so I'm worried about an infestation.

Amicus said:
Wow, that's a nice tank, I hope that I can get mine to that point someday. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I found one rock with bubble algae on it last night so I'm worried about an infestation.

Can it be removed? Is there anything in the tank or is it in the cycle process. If so take it out and scrub it all off. If not maybe get some hermit carbs and a emerald crab.

Can it be removed? Is there anything in the tank or is it in the cycle process. If so take it out and scrub it all off. If not maybe get some hermit carbs and a emerald crab.
The tank is about two weeks old, it was running and cycled when I bought it. I used the water already in the tank and I let it sit for about 5 days. I then went and bought 3 zebra hermits, a couple of snails and a peppermint shrimp. It has been this way for the last week. I have a couple pieces of coral in it. I looked at the rock last night and saw about 100 small, smooth snot bubbles all over the rock. I took the rock out and tried to remove them with minimal success. They kept popping so I soaked the rock in bleach overnight and rinsed it this morning and it is now drying. I am planning on rinsing again and soaking with a little Prime.
I only found it on one rock so hopefully I caught it in time.

Back
Top Bottom