Trading fish for LFS Credit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

For those of you that have... Would a LFS Take my clownfish back? Do they just credit me what it cost me to buy or do they offer less?

Reason why I ask... If by mid week this week that cyano isnt better (tried everything) Ill have to convert to FW.

It's gonna depend on your lfs of course but normally they give you full price of the fish if it's store credit. If you wanted money back, expect a bit less.

Ill prolly just want credit, unless WalMart is good for FW fish?

Some Walmarts are better than others. Is your Walmart a good one? I would just trade the clown in for credit with your lfs.

I dont know. Never bought fish from WalMart before at this one.

How do I tell if its a good one? Healthy looking fish and such?
I dont know how you could tell if they are healthy being they prolly just in the tank each morning from a new shipment.

trust me, if you want your fish to be healthy afterwards, dont go to Walmart. Dont ask me why, just dont. Not even PetCo. I dont just trust these guys because most of the time, the head of the department is a teenager who doesnt give a **** about your fish. Go to a reputable lfs.

HTH :D

zacdl said:
I dont know. Never bought fish from WalMart before at this one.

How do I tell if its a good one? Healthy looking fish and such?
I dont know how you could tell if they are healthy being they prolly just in the tank each morning from a new shipment.

Are you serious?

How did you tell the fish were healthy when you bought them from your lfs, and that the lfs was a good one? Why would Walmart be any different? :roll: Sorry zacdl but that question dumbfounds me. And for the record, Walmarts get one shipment of fish a week. They do not add new fish to the tanks every day so they look healthy.
Just take it back to your lfs for store credit.

My LFS I trust, I know how they work.

Just was wondering how you guys liked WalMart for FW fish, I guess its no differant than SW.

Ok will take it back.

your going to let cyno bacteria chase you out of the hobby?? SW and FW are 2 different things as your finding out..
It can be beaten you just need to follow the steps from those of us who have battled and won.

I might, lol.

Ive tried everything and its not getting better.

MY LFS has a deal wher basically you price the fish at whatever you want it to be. When he sells it he gets a percentage, anywhere from 50% to 10%. He is really fair and always works good deals for me.

I suggest just ask and see what they say.

What have you done?
RO/DI?
better water flow?
phosban reactor?
Replace old bulbs?
Teated for PO4?
last resort chemical warfare...

scrape it all of the rocks and try to net it.

do a 50% water change. make sure the soure water is phosphate free.

Get a phosphate sponge and put it in the tank.

only feed every other day. Stop dosing the tank.

I just got rid of cyano in my buddies 120 and that's how I did it. A ton of big water changes and phosphate sponges.

Back
Top Bottom