Trank crash, restocking recomendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,

Well I have been away off and on for a few weeks with work and family and other than regular FW top offs and making sure someone feed the tank it did not get a whole lot of attention lately.

Last week I came home to find the hair algea problem I thought I had defeated regaining ground. Upon closer inspection I noticed both my tangs (PBT and sailfin) missing along with 2 chromis, spotted mandarin and a CBS shrimp. :(

Checked the parameters and all was OK, PO4 up over 1 again otherwise surprisingly good.

This past weekend I did a 30g pwc, changed out filterpads, replacedPO4 sponge and carbon. Manually removed as much visible hair algea as possible.

My plan is to let the fish and coral I have go for a couple weeks and do another 15g pwc each week to make sure all is good. fortunately all corals seem to be healthy.

It has been awhile since I have added livestock, so I am looking for ideas.

What I have left is:

Fish: Pair of maroon clowns, coral beauty, six line wrasse, green chromis

Inverts: Skunk cleaner shrimp, emerald green crab, brittle star, serpeant star, black long spin urchin and assorted snails and reef hermits.

I am partial to Tangs and was even thinking of a butterfly at one time. Due to my work schedule and being gone a lot more these days I am not planning to stock as much as I have had in the past.

Heck, I am probably good now with letting the clowns grow out. I would like one larger fish though on the hardier side. Maybe something with an appetite for hair algea. 8O

Any thoughts?

Oh, for those that do not know it is a 90g reef in the making with 30g sump/fuge.

TIA,

Maybe a yellow tang. You might want to get a bigger clean up crew for the algea.

sorry to hear about the loss...

I love my purple tang, very cool fish..
In my reef I have a scopus and blonde naso which are nice also..

Either a Purple of Yellow would be a nice fish..

Purple tang gets my vote too. Also, how about a lawnmower blenny. Mine does a wonderful job on algae - with his pot bellied self....

Back
Top Bottom