transportation....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aryiman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am here at college and thinking about getting a marine tank. How would I transport this in the summer back to my house without killing everything? I live about 2 hours away from the college. Also with the week long breaks what should I do if I am not going to be here?

What size tank were you thinking about getting? If it's considerably small..like 10 or 15 gallons, then it would be a lot easier to move in the summer. But if you're going to go bigger I might suggest waiting until the summer to get everything going...don't want any unnecessary fish loss..

If you're gone for a week at a time, it shouldn't be too bad, as long as all of your paramaters are stable, but maybe invest in an automatic feeder for that or get a fishsitter..

I too am in college, and I've had to move tanks constantly. It's a pain, no doubt, but it's not that particularly hard. Just get a cooler, power-head, heater and air pump, have them running until the second you leave, then close it up, wrap the cooler with towels, and hook everything back up as soon as you have access to an electrical outlet.

Back
Top Bottom