Transporting inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I transport my 5 dwarf blue legged hermit crabs and 1 fire shrimp in the same bag, and float them in the same bag in the aquarium (for temperature) and then transfer them all to the same bowl for acclimating?

And, do I have to provide some bigger shells for the crabs to move into when they grow a bit?

yes....i just bought 3 blueleg hermits and 1 cleaner shrimp....all where in the same bag and all got drip acclimated in the same bucket

Just got mine in :)

I've also got some sinking wafers for my fire shrimp.

Are they ok to put in? I lost 3 shrimp before and thought it may be down to not feeding them directly, so I'm trying that this time.

They're "Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers" for catfish, Loaches & Bottom Feeders.

Ingredients: White fish meal, shrimp meal, wheat-germ meal, wheat flour, soybean meal, alpha starch, brewers' dried yeast, spirulina, carotene, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, choline chloride, inositol, calcium iodate, manganese sulfate, magnesium carbonate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C).

Are they ok to put in, and do you think my fire shrimp will eat them?? :)

are they for fw or sw? they sound liek the fw ones. i would not worrie about feeding them. they will find food to eat..

They don't say, but they do sound like fw ones I agree.

I just popped one in and he picked it up but then threw it down again!

When I had 3 shrimp in before, they didn't seem to get any of the food I put in for my fish though. There's only the algae on the sand and rock left, and detritus I guess. It's hard to know if they're getting enough food!

Make sure you take out any uneaten scraps since it appears to contain phosphates.

Back
Top Bottom