travel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11lovemygixxer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What do you all do when you go out of town for like 3 nights? That is what's going on this weekend, just wanted to know what you all did with your tanks if anything.

better get a timer for your light at least. i have an automatic feeder. they may need to eat at least once over those 3 days, but i dont think they would suffer over that time. maybe just feed them before you leave and you will be ok? i am new so dont count on me 100%

I just went out of town for three day and came back with no problem as usual. Feed your fish minutes before you leave and as soon as you get back and they will be OK. Make sure water is topped off and get a timer for your lights as mentioned above.

Timer is built into the lights to so worries. I topped it off before I left so that will be good and I will feed them before I leave. Hopefully it all is ok. Thanks for the input all.

Corals have to deal with long periods of low light in nature as well, a hurricane can block out most of the sun for days at a time. One or two won't hurt, just don't leave your lights on or you might get bleaching.

My tank can go a week without topoff.

Back
Top Bottom