treating ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my gramma might have ich
When my new longnose hawk came, i couldnt figure out why he died
now i know why
my gramma is white on the side and acting weird
what do i do to treat ich and where do i get what i need?
stocking is
2 clowns
the gramma(who might have ich)
2 turbo snails
some mushroom corals

what is dt, dont have a quarenteen tank cycled
what should i do with the mushrooms

should a qt tank have a heater filter light sand rock

I would start feeding your fish Garlic Extreme. I've had good luck with using it as a food supplement and directly in the water. At the first signs of flashing I will start by adding it to the food. If I see any spots and flashing I start adding to the water and to the food. It won't kill ICH but it will boost the fish's immune system. Giving a better chance to survive.

I'm still confused about setting up an (uncycled) qt.

Should I treat all fish or just the gramma. Also can I take water from my tank?

IMO it's too late to QT. Anytime you move a fish you will stress it. If it's already stressed then you are adding to the problem. Especially if the QT system is not cycled.

But what about snails and corals, also would petco have ich treating substances?

zacheyp said:
But what about snails and corals, also would petco have ich treating substances?

There are alot of ich treatments on the market. Whether or not they work is another story. I'm really not sure it's worth the money. You should really read up about ich; it'll help you with the treatment.

could i put corals and snails in a seperate tank with water from my maybe iched tank and treat the main tank
also after treatment, can i put the inverts back?

Back
Top Bottom