Tribute to a carpet surfer...and some good news (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I fed my tank tonight, I noticed that my flame hawk (got him right before christmas) wasn't anywhere to be seen. I thought, Oh $#@!, and began looking all in the tank and around the tank. I found him behind the tank, dried and crusty. He must have jumped sometime between the lights going off last night and when I fed the tank this evening.

DSCN5563.jpg

DSCN5558.jpg

DSCN5555.jpg

DSCN5546.jpg

During the search for the hawk, I got my hopes up when I looked in the HOB fuge and saw movement when I pulled up the chaeto, I found my "MIA, presumed dead" yellow watchman goby. This fish has been missing for at least 3 months, maybe more. I just knew this fish was dead, cause he disappeared after a temp spike in the tank, I never even bothered to look in the fuge. When he was finally recovered from the fuge (he didn't want to leave), I got a couple of shots, forgive the quality, the glass was dirty, the watchman wasn't cooperating and I was taking the shots at 1/8 sec shutter speed with no tripod. Even after ~3 months in the fuge, the fish was twice as big as when he was lost. Been eating left over tid bits of food and all the fauna in my fuge.

DSCN5662.jpg

DSCN5661.jpg

Them are some awsome pics. Whate did you use for a camera and lense?

Thanks Dewey

Well I guess that's good and bad news for you. Sorry for your loss :cry: Awesome pics BTW!! I really need to start experimenting w/ my moms Sony 5. megapixel DSC-F707

I got a couple of shots, forgive the quality, the glass was dirty, the watchman wasn't cooperating and I was taking the shots at 1/8 sec shutter speed with no tripod.

Your right. Those shots are awful, NOT :!:

P.S. It really sucks about the flame hawk.

hehe didnt know that was your fish hehe from the monthly photos it looked like someone scanned the pics !!! man ive been trying to take pics but it not as easy as i thought !! and only having 3 mega pix sucks to !!!

has anyone used an underwater camera?? that was my next choice??

Back
Top Bottom