Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tried this product??

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...r4_PcN__Stores
Has any one tried these or are they worth trying??? I'm looking to upgrade to 200-500 watts in the next week or two so please help. Don't want to spend 300-500 if I don't have to.

Oscar Wilde
MYTY1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I fixed your URL so it will work. I havent used this product but you should get some responses now that the link is working.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Re: Tried this product??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYTY1705
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...r4_PcN__Stores
Has any one tried these or are they worth trying??? I'm looking to upgrade to 200-500 watts in the next week or two so please help. Don't want to spend 300-500 if I don't have to.
Don't be fooled!
This is exactly the same light on sale in HD. Not sure of the price - this sounds about right.
HOWEVER it is NOT a 500W fluorescent light!!! It is a 65W light that gives the equivalent of 500W of incandescent light.
So it's roughly the same as 65W of fluorescent - any kind of fluorescent.
I've got one of these only my fuge and, so long as you drill some holes in it for ventilation, it works great for that. Don't drill the holes and it typically dies in a month or so....

This light ouptut v. incandescent equivalent light ouptut thing has come up in the forum many times - try doing a search...

Andy.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok thanks. Bought a light with 220 watts cf light system should be in on Friday. Thanks though.
Oscar Wilde
MYTY1705 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com