Trigger tank mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a small 4-5 inch trigger. Any good reccomendations for tankmates? I was thinking about a lion? butterfly

What size is your tank? I don't think a lion would be a good choice. I've read about triggers picking at the fins. And while lions may be poisonous, they aren't aggressive.

I believe I read that in another of your posts. Really, in a tank that small, I wouldnt' add anything. Also, I'd be looking at an upgrade. Or returning the trigger for something smaller.

29G is too small for triggers, tangs, puffers etc. However, don't be discouraged. Just like what Fluff said, return the trigger.

I have seen spectacular 29G reef tanks. You can probably spend money on that. However, if you plan on a 29G fish only, I would recommend that you divert your attention to clown, blenny, damsels, etc. The smaller species.

Triggers grow up pretty fast. It may seem tiny at the LFS but you will seriously consider resizing after a couple of months. And that's more money to require. If you want SW, look at small fish. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom