Trimming Colt Coral Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MistaSparkL

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got this massive Colt coral that needs to be cut back--I gathered up the courage last night to have a go at it. I trimmed a piece about 3 inches long, but he needs a couple more large branches removed as well. My question is, how much, and how large of a branch can I trim off of him?

If you are fragging pieces off of him they will grow to be colt corals also. Just cut off the pieces with a razor and stick the cut ends in the sand for now. In a few days attach it to some lr with some super glue gel and let it set.

Melosu, yeah I understand that, I was just concerned for the health of my parent coral. Will cutting too much off of him at once be of any detriment to him? Should I let him heal before I frag any more pieces off of him?

Them as well as leather corals are very hardy during fragging. I`ve seen the experts carve them up unmercifully and they make a great comeback.

awesome--I'll trim a few more branches off of him tonight..hes blocking the light to some of my other corals. thanks

Back
Top Bottom