Trip To Atlanta Ga. (need some sand)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to ATL. Ga. for a week tommorrow, and was wondering if someone knows of any southdown sand in the ATL area? Please respond, I need this stuff cheap!!! :wink:

I don't think your gonna find any. Seems to be more up North, which really stinks. A friend of mine in Michigan found it with out a problem. :| Anyways Good Luck, im also going on a trip tommorow, to pick up my new fish :mrgreen:

Rev, are you going to try and make it to the "gathering" july 17 & 18? I'm still trying to fine some sand also. Maybe we can find some one driving down from up north to bring us some. I'd even pay a 3.00 a bag surcharge. :roll:

Ya me too! Where and when is the gathering, and what is it? :wink:

I already told my wife that we were getting you 6 bags of sand if we find it. Were saving room in the car for it.

Early August we are going to SanAntonio, TX. If I dont get some before then, I will get us some there. From what I understand, you can get the sand in TX! :wink:

revhtree said:
Ya me too! Where and when is the gathering, and what is it? :wink:

I already told my wife that we were getting you 6 bags of sand if we find it. Were saving room in the car for it.

Early August we are going to SanAntonio, TX. If I dont get some before then, I will get us some there. From what I understand, you can get the sand in TX! :wink:

That's news to me. I was not able to find it in the Houston area; maybe they have it in San Antonio though.

PS If you have time, make sure to check out The River Walk (downtown) and Sea World.

Rev
I wouldnt be to sure about finding that sand in TX!! You may be able to get some at the Hoston or Galveston coast, but Im in the Dallas area and there is NONE to be found anywhere around. I have searched high and low for it. And if you DO find some, let me know! :p

We all get together close to Dayton, Tn. at Bernies, "the fish store" he is one of our sponsers, great deals, people bring stuff from all over to trade and or sell. us 27 from Chatt past dayton, right as you get to Evanville, it there on the right.

Oh Ok! I know how to get there! What is the date?

I thought that I had read that people in TX could get the sand. I guess I was wrong.
I will find it, oh yes I will find it! :wink: (I hope)

Back
Top Bottom