Tropic Marin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone use this salt? I remember reading a salt comparasion on it and it was sopposed to be a pretty balanced salt. But I can't find it now.

Its the only salt i will use. Its pretty expensive in comparison to most other salts, but u won't find a better quality salt. It also dissolves extremely fast.

I just started using it a couple of months ago. I love it so far. Expensive, yes, but my corals seem to like it. I have noticed that they are looking much better since I changed. I would recommend it.

Clownin, by the way, I bought it at Ocean Blue on Aloma Ave in Winter Park (Aloma Ave and Howell Branch Rd in the Winter Park Palms Plaza), they usually stock it.

Thanks everybody, got busy with school for awhile and forgot to check back in lol. I mixed some up yesterday and I have to say, the way it dissolves is far superior to the salt I have been using (IO). I am changing because with IO I always have to buffer for ph. I bought 50 gallons worth of salt and if it goes well I will be buying more. As far of the expensive part, I did the math...if you compare 160 g bucket of IO to a 200 g bucket of Tropic Marin at LA or premium aquatics I think it is, it really isn't that much more. When you add in expenses of adding in calcium and buffering the water, it is actually cheaper to get the better salt. Assuming the it is truely as balanced as it says it is.

I use oceanic. It keeps a pretty good balance also. Water PH stays around 8.3 and Calcium stays high. But I`m glad you found something you like.

Back
Top Bottom