Tropic Marin Bio Actif Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef Mechanic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone, I have been thinking of switching salts to this Tropic Marin Bio Actif salt. I currently use there Pro Reef mix. A friend of mine has been telling me about the success he's been have with his coral colors and polyp extension since he switched. Was wondering if anyone else use this, and what kind of results they get with it.

I don't think it has been out long enough for it to get a lot of reviews yet. I say try it and see if you can tell a difference.

On a side note, their pro reef actually has less Ca, Alk, etc. because they assume you have a rector or dosers. This is why I actually used their regular mix.

I have switched from the lowest level Tropic Marin to the Bio-Actif about 3 months ago.

I have a 30 gal reef tank with only a protein skimmer. I asked a fish store owner about the pro reef and was told that that should be used when calcium buffers were used. since I don't have any reactors installed, he told me the Bio-Actif was the best fit for my tank.

He was right and when I switched, all of my corals exploded. I had 6 very healthy Yumas and now I have 16.

Fortunately I have a small PWC, so the supply will last a while.

Attachments

• image-1689671146.jpg
    image-1689671146.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 154
Yumas don't care about calcium. Did you change anything else at the same time?

By using the one with more calcium/alk/etc you wouldn't have to dose as much Ca/alk/etc.

Understand about the calcium. I was trying to show how even mushrooms took advantage of the bio-Actif.

There are so many trace elements within this salt, the entire tank flourishes.

Sorry, I thought that was from the OP talking about the Pro Reef.

K thanks for the info. I just got back with a small 32g box. Gonna do a couple water changes with it and see.

Back
Top Bottom