Tropic Marine Reef Actif

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I purchased a bottle Reef Actif to get my corals to color up a little better, well I got the bottle today and it states on the bottle dosage is for one measuring spoon once a week for a 130G system? How do I measure for a 72G, sorry my math isn't as crisp as some of you guys...

Thanks
Frankie :cool:

One measuring spoon, is that a teaspoon or table spoon? I know I'm a bit off, and have NO experience with anything saltwater... but would guess about 1/2 of what they want since your water volume is about 1/2?

55% of the recommended dosage.. 55.38 to be more exact or... well you can do the math. (72/130)*100, Your math teacher is cringing right now :)

or 1/2 if you're not particular

I take ti one measuring spoon would be a Tablespoon so I would take it as a 1/2 Table spoon weekly...

i would go with half. by the time you take in for rocks and sand ect you prolly have close to half the water volume. with that said who makes a producted thats measured liquid dosage is designed around a 130 gallons. lol

A better way to colour up your corals is have the right lighting and keep your water para's very good.
Colours will go insane.

Water Parameters are kept around the normal

Cal 440
Alk 9
Mag usually around 1400 ppm
Phos- 0.01 used with a Hanna Phos meter
Nitrate around 0.0ppm
Ammonia 0.0ppm
Nitrite 0.0ppm
PH 8.2 to 8.4

I also have T-5 lighting 6 bulbs NEP

2x ATI Aqua Blue Specials
3x ATI Blue Plus
1 KZ Fiji Purple

I wanted to try the Reef Actif out to see how much more coloration I can get out my corals, but yeah One measuring Spoon for 130G system is kinda hard to determine what is needed for smaller systems...

Back
Top Bottom