Tropical fish feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nate1633

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I have a few questions to what can I feed fish

1 I see moss growing out side everywhere where I live and was wondering that if I pick it and do a good rinsing that I can feed it to my fish or specifically blenny

2. What human meat foods can I feed my fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not so sure about the outside moss. Just be way that MOST aquarium fish only eat a few flakes each a day. So keep that in mind when feeding real food. Exceptions to this are like loaches and sharks. My dojo loach eats anything and everything left over from my tetras.

That's great you are looking for other options than just flakes! A lot of people just do flakes. Fish need a well balanced diet and it's good to try different things to see what your fish like. :)

1. Yes. I would think so. Sea moss are edible for humans. I have heard people adding them into hot chocolate and other drinks at bar. However, I am not sure if they will eat them raw. If not, maybe try to dip sea moss into boiling water for 30 secs and throw into ice water. Just like preparing lettuce for goldfish.

2. All sea foods are probably good for fish. Just make sure there are no additives. I use oyster, shrimp, claim, oyster eggs, seaweed, and flakes to blend my home made fish food. Then I add mysis shrimp and garlic essentials into the final product for better feeding responds.

I would imagine you can do similar thing for tropical fish but just change the ingredients a little.

Hello, I have a few questions to what can I feed fish

1 I see moss growing out side everywhere where I live and was wondering that if I pick it and do a good rinsing that I can feed it to my fish or specifically blenny

2. What human meat foods can I feed my fish

1 - It depends entirely on what type of moss it is. Some can be okay, others wont. You will have to get a positive ID on it.

2 - Beef heart is the most commonly fed human meat. Unless you're talking about feeding... human to the fish. If that's the case then I guess I would suggest a nice thigh or bicep.

1 - It depends entirely on what type of moss it is. Some can be okay, others wont. You will have to get a positive ID on it.

2 - Beef heart is the most commonly fed human meat. Unless you're talking about feeding... human to the fish. If that's the case then I guess I would suggest a nice thigh or bicep.

+1 for humour and good advice lol. I'd be awfully cautious about the moss.

Back
Top Bottom