Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Trouble deciding...

I'm having a tough time trying to find the last fish for my tank. I was told that a bristleworm killed one of my clams so I want something to kill them in return and get along with the rest of the tank mates. I have a slight flatworm problem right now, but I bought some flatworm eXit to take care of them. I'm waiting right now to do that because I have a leopard wrasse with ich. My tank had ich in it and I never went fishless for the 8 week period. I thought since my clowns didn't have any signs of ich that it must be gone. I found out the other day that just because the clowns dont show any signs of it that doesnt mean that its not in my tank. Anyway I think I could put one more fish in my tank (after the wrasse is healthy) and I need a little help deciding. I was thinking either this:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=361

or

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...fm?pCatId=1116

I just want a nice center piece fish that can also help my tank out. If you guys have any other suggestions that would be awesome too! TIA

Old 08-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

That radiant wrasse is beautiful. But if you have ich I would make sure the tank is clear before you add him. try adding vitamin C to your tank to strengthen your fish's immune system. Worked great for me.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree that the radiant wrasse is an awesome fish! I just dont know if it will get along with my leopard wrasse. The thing with the ich is, it doesnt go away unless you go fishless for 8 weeks. Other than that, like you said, add vitamin C to the tank or add garlic in your fishes food to help their immune system. Do you know what kind of vitamin C to add or where I could get some drops? I haven't seen any at any of the stores around here. Thanks for the response!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I used to buy it at the LFS. Check your local petsmart. Ask for the vitamin C drops for fish tanks. HTH

By the way it is my understanding that ich is always in the water. The fish only catch it when their immune system is weakened by an unbalanced diet or something stresses them out.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
By the way it is my understanding that ich is always in the water.
HUH?
AC 300 HOB
AC 402 Powerhead - AC 301 Powerhead
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks! I just went on Dr.'s F&S and got some garlic extract and some Marine-C vitamin-C. Yeah from what I've heard is its kinda like the common cold for us. We have it but we dont always show signs or symptoms. How ever with fish tanks, if you go fishless for 6-8 weeks the life cycle of ich will die off. From then on you need to carefully quarantine your fish and make SURE that it doesnt have it when you put it in your tank. I just didnt learn this till after I bought my leopard wrasse. By the way I picked up a Radiant wrasse yesturday at my lfs. I couldn't pass it up. It was only $30 and this was the first time they have ever got one in. There were only two so I knew they would go fast I didnt want to spend another $50 later on from live aquaria. Dont worry though, its not in my tank yet. I have it in a friends tank that way I can give my leopard wrasse time to settle in and get over the ich and also so I can get this guy nice and healthy to put in my tank so he has a shot at making it. He looks so freakin sweet!

Tags
trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com