Trouble with Heni Butterflies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a bad run with this fish, went through 3 in qt. Now mind you they were from what turned out to be less the reputable lfs.
I really would like 1 or 2 of these as my final fish. Has anyone else had trouble with this fish? I have read the are hardy but am having my doubts . Or would I be better of with a different butterfly?
Just looking for opinions.

Are you refering to the Longfin Banner fish (Heniochus Acuminatus) ? If so they are extremely hardy, mabye there picking something up from the LFS tanks, or bad collection methods.

Thanks sixline. Thats what I am thinking. I spent the weekend disenfecting my qt .
am thinking of trying again. Just want to see if anyone else has had problem with these guys. :?

I would probably have tried one if I had seen any while stocking my tank, since they are very nice looking and extremely hardy. If your really having no luck, why not try a few tangs. With a tank that size they would od very well, a regal, and a purple tang would look great.

Well, I have a Yellow already. Would love a purple tang, but it would probably kill my Yellow.
If I abandon the Heni idea, I was thinking about a Flame Angel and a Kole Tang instead.
BTW, how is your Angel doing?

Oh I didn't notice the yellow, yea he would probably harass the new purple. The rest are good fish, but the kole might get harrased, it would be best to get a kole larger than the yellow tang you have now. As for my Angel hes alive and well, but he still has the spots. I now see why its bad to treat in the main, the meds wiped out all my alage, and my tank is yellow. All inverts are ok though. Thanks for asking, if he dosent recover tommorow I will probably throw together a 10 gal QT, to expensive to continue treating in the main. Hope your bannerfish makes it as well. :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom