Trouble with Heni's....again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
After a bad run of Heni's I decided to try again. I bleached out the qt tank and found 2 very healthy looking specimens at a different lfs. For the first 5 days they were eating like literal pigs and looking great. In the last 48 hrs, they have developed a few white patches and are showing some discoloration around their gills, especially the larger one. His eyes are starting to get cloudy and he is becoming more listless. He is still eating , but not with he same gusto of a few days ago. There are also a few dark dots forming on his dorsal fin. The smaller one looks better, but is still forming the white patches.
I put in a double dose of Maracyn 24 hrs ago, but he is still declining. I also have been (from day 1) lacing their food with selcon and garlic). Am considering starting curpamine in case it is velvet. Water conditions are fine, I do a daily 10 gallon water change in the 40 gallon qt.
What drug would you use? Any Ideas.
I'll try and get a better pic.
This is really starting to bum me out. :(

Sorry I am not sure, hopefully someone will throw in some expereince I have never medicated SW. I just wanted to comment how how awesome they are and wish you the best of luck. In the top pic is that an illusion with the nori behind him, a reflection out of view, or is his noggin really transparent?

In any case good luck, they are beautiful creatures.

Thanks, I love this fish . They are suppose to be my final 2 fish for my main and I'm having a hell of a time getting healthy ones.
That is nori, and behind him is the smaller of the 2 fish.

Back
Top Bottom