True and False Clowns can they get along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had one of my false clowns meet a PH ( since been covered) and not make it. I went to the lfs and bought what was sold as a false but now that I look at him/her I realize it is a true. My other 3 are terrorizing it. Is this just because the fish is new ( 2 weeks) or is it a species barrier?

A. ocellaris and A. percula can be crossbred so they do get along fine; however, new additions will always be picked on to some extent, not to mention it seems you have 3 original ocellaris which probably had somewhat of a small hierarchy going, depending on circumstances.

I agree. I really would not keep more than 1 pair. The others have most likely already determined who is male.

What size tank is this in, you have 2 in your info.

I have a pair of true Onyx clowns in my 90.

i've read that clowns of other species can live together, if added while young.

how big is the new one? i dont know if seperating until it grows a bit, because of the chance of it becoming female, and then really pissing off the other clowns when introduced.

may be best to return him

Clowns of different species can indeed live together. The issue here is the amount together unless in a very large system is not the best idea.

The only time I keep more is when I am attempting to raise fry.

Back
Top Bottom