Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2004, 01:09 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, I was expecting something more dramatic, looks alot like a regular ocellaris. Thanks for the link bang guy.

Old 05-23-2004, 01:50 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ture and False

Well, to keep nature in a correct context, I put the false in my 37gal. It has already taken to my frogspawn as a host since the bubble tip has a mated pair of Tomato Clowns as guests.

I bought the Misses a new Mister (true percula). She didn't like him during the day, then when the lights went out, they're friends. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Some like the True Perc better than the False Perc...IMO the False Perc looks better cause the orange is brighter and the lines are more defined between the black and white bands. I wonder if that is a regular occurence saltwater fish cross breeding that way. I know trout do it in streams, it's some times to the detriment of the species though.
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:39 AM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy
to quote: "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence "
LOL.. I was simply looking for something tangible to read. No worries. I have since found a few snipits but nothing major. Thanks though.

Cheers
Steve
Old 05-23-2004, 10:41 AM   #15

Did you want a link to the percula x maroon hybrids? They also have stubby percs these days.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Bang Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-s
LOL.. I was simply looking for something tangible to read. No worries.
No worries I just thought you would find that amusing!

My favorite is the Perc X Ocellaris. They look very nice.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Bang Guy
Re: Ture and False

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFly
Well, to keep nature in a correct context, I put the false in my 37gal. It has already taken to my frogspawn as a host since the bubble tip has a mated pair of Tomato Clowns as guests.
I absolutely agree with Steve that you are asking for trouble adding more Clownfish to a tank containing a mated pair of Tomatoes. It's only a matter of time before the female Tomato kill one of the other Clownfish.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:38 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-s
If you get two very small clownfish of the same species, there is a good chance they will become a mated pair.

Cheers
Steve

I bought to Ocellaris's to start out my tank, one of them died about 3 months after I got it and the other was alone. So after seeing it swim around all by itself for about 2 months I decided to get it a mate.

As soon as I added the new Ocellaris it swam over to the other one and haven't been apart since, where there is one, there is the other.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #19
steve-s

You can also get them odd sized, one larger and one much smaller although it's not always a "smooth" transition. Getting the two smallest you can find makes it easier on you and them.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com