Tunze Wavebox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone use this? Is it really good or should I just forget about it as they are sooooooo expensive...

Any comments will be much appreciated.

if price is no object, then knock yourself out.

I'm cheap, so I tried the powerstrip timer thing hooked up to 3 powerhead that alternate on and off, it works great.

Doesn't the off and on stress the powerheads until failure? I heard this is not a good long term thing to do. Tunzes are awesome if your tank isn't drilled and plumbed for high flow but there are cheaper alternatives.

the higher end tunze are made to turn on and off. They also use low watts which may have something to do with it. I am looking at a wave 2k right now I would love a pair of tunze on a multi controller but that tops 700 bucks

The tunze wave box does something that no powerhead, no matter how expensive can achieve. It creates surge. That is the best kind of flow you can have and much closer to natural then chaotic flow. I would love to know how it works out if you do get it. I have been lusting after a surge device for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom