Turbo Floater Multi 1000 question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was givin a turbo floater multi 1000....i noticed it didn't have the extra black box and it didn't have the flow control taps..how important are either one of these...it seems to be skimming ok i guess..no bubbles in the tank...just wondering tho. would either of those improve its skimming?

whelp..nevermind on those questions..i called aqua medics tech support and they said its much better without the caps and the extra box is so i don't get splash or bubbles..which i don't get anyway..they were great help and they didn't try to sell me anything i didn't need...i have a respect for them.

its much better without the caps
Do you mean the control taps? How can you control the flow without them?

I don't use the boxes. Mine is sitting external to my sump and I used some elbows and pvc to pipe it back down to the sump.

I don't control the flow its full bore...The tech told me its better this way for more of a dry skim...when using the caps he said its more watery.

i get a thick foam. but maybe i should get them anyway..couldn't hurt..watch they'll charge me an arm and leg..lol

I find mine is quite sensitive to water level changes. Being able to turn the taps down when doing a water change prevents it from filling the cup at those times.

can't say I've had any problems like that...guess i've been lucky so far..

How long have you had the skimmer running?
Mine's been running for about 10 months now. I'm planning on getting/making a larger sump rather than using the wet/dry as a sump and that might help.

I've been running my skimmer for almost 2 years now. Funny I just thought of the caps recently...never really gave those thought.. Do you have the skimmer in the sump..or hanging on it cmor? I have mine hanging on the outside.

Cool! I hope that it works for you as well.. I just think its great to see the thick junk it pulls out.. However the smell is horrendous when its time to clean out the cup. Let me know how it works for you!

Back
Top Bottom