Turbo Snail ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got some new turbo snails from liveaquaria there huge too :)
Can they move across crushed coral? or will they only be able to live on rocks and the glass?

Mine go everywhere...they do have a flaw though...they tend to flip over and die cause they can't seem to right themselves too often...just keep an eye on them and help them if they flip and they'll be ok..

gotz_potential said:
Mine go everywhere...they do have a flaw though...they tend to flip over and die cause they can't seem to right themselves too often...just keep an eye on them and help them if they flip and they'll be ok..
If the larger species (Tegula aureotincta), they will have no problem with righting themselves. The more common species of Turban sp that is typically not able to right itself is the common Astraea sp. snail. Probabley one of the better algae eaters but in an active aquarium they often fall prey fairly quickly. They are both usually labeled as "turbo snails" by many venders.

Cheers
Steve

yeah i have 2 of the small ones they fall off then just lay on the bottom stuck, but the big ones i already saw can crawl on the cc. Haha, 4 of them all on top of each other tried to scale an almost vertical rock and plummited to teh bottom in a pile.

ya ll of mine can right them self but when they stick to each other they are not able to right them self becasue of the added weight. it is really cool that when the lights are one they really do not move but as soon as the light gose out the fly aroung the tank.

Back
Top Bottom