Turbo snail dead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willba200

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my turbo snails has been sucked or plucked from its shell. Could it of been a hermit crab attack?? If so will the kill all my snails. Also have two clowns in tank.

When turbos die they fall out of their shell. Its a nasty mess usually. Hermits and other snails wouldnt have killed him, he most likely just died. I've lost a few here and there, but on the other hand I have one that has been in my 90g since i started it over a year ago. lol So its hit or miss.

All that's left is the shell. So I'm guessing a hermit is the culprit .

How large are the hermits? Large enough to take on your snail? If they are super tiny, they won't bother, but If they are big enough to utilize the shell, they will kill the snail. If your tank still looks like your avatar, the snail probably starved to death.

Hermits are bigger then snail. Tank looks a lot different . Algae and growth everywhere

You have hermits larger than a turbo snail?? wow! lol In that case then yeah, the hermits coulda got to him. I'm just used to huge turbos I guess.

The crab itself is not that big I'm adding the hermits she'll to. Lol

Back
Top Bottom