Turbo snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All,
How quickly to turbo snails reproduce. I saw some creatures today wandering around on my live rock that looked similar to snails without the shells (approx. 1cm long)...however I painstakingly counted all the turbo snails to make sure that a hermit hadnt stolen their shell. Everyone is accounted for but now I have these extra creatures that I have no explanation for??? Are there any signs to look for when the snails are laying eggs so forth...thanks
travis

Probably stomatella snails, also called cap snails. They have a shell, it is just small, they are common hitchikers on LR and are the best grazing snail I've had.

Kevin would the shell on these stomatella snails be almost transparent? thanks
travis

It depends on the snail, but some of my stomatellas, I have to look very hard to see it. They are usually the same color as their flesh, at least they are in my tank.

Great... thanks again Kevin. It seems these guys are popping up all over the place all the sudden...its like another planet in there!....thanks again...
travis

Back
Top Bottom