Turbo snails escaping?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
So in the course of ten minutes I've discovered the same snail on the ledge of my tank. I have a lid on it but it managed to crawl up the filter intake tube and onto to ledge! Has this ever happened to anyone? Lol

Attachments

• image-3631701128.jpg
    image-3631701128.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 97
My snails have gone out a little bit but nothing that much but if they know what's good for them and want to survive they will go back in

My snails always treat my tank like it is the last chopper out of Nam. They spend the daylight hours almost as far out of the water as they can and go to town at night. No clue why, just pretty common behavior IMO.

The first thing I did was check my water. All levels normal except the ph was a little low. My clowns are acting weird too though. They are just hanging out in the upper corner. I was gonna do a water change to play it safe but I'm out of water conditioner.

Clowns swimming at top could mean low oxygen. Do you have any powerhead breaking water surface.

Size of tank,filteration??
If possible post full tank shot

Yes I have a power head. 55gal with fluval g6 I maintain like clockwork every week.

Attachments

• image-3575790126.jpg
    image-3575790126.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 111
I would go and talk to ur LFS or local reef club.
Get water tested again at LFS ;
Raise Ph slowly.
Check- alk, calcium and magnesium.
Oh check salinity - often missed.

Inspect ur fish for any signs of diease.

Will do. Thanks for the help. Hopefully my fish will hang tough till morning when my Lfs is open.

Back
Top Bottom