turbo's better than astri's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well when I got my bicolor blenny this past week, I went ahead and got 3 turbo snails, and 2 astri's (now have 3 turbo's and 4 astri's) because I have had a terrible time with hair algae...and in just...like 3 or 4 day's the turbo's have cleaned up about 65%-75% of the hair algae! ( when/if the algae is EVER gone, I will supply vegetable matter for them) but I just wanted to say that I am very impressed with the turbo's and not so with the astri's :)

Astrea's seem to stay on the glass IME. Each have their own benefit, but turbos will take care of a lot of algae.

I got hair for the first time too recently. Guess I'll add a few turbos. Thanks for the reminder. 8)

LOL I have a similar problem. Turbos don't last in my tank and when they do last a little while they get big fast and knock everything over. Good and bad I guess.....

Hmmm. As my turbos decreased recently - - maybe that's why I got hair algae now on my rocks. Coincidence? My water or lights ain't what they should be? I think I've got maybe two or three turbos in a 155g. Lights (3x150 MH) are almost a year old.

Back
Top Bottom