As far as lighting, I use a 150watt Grow bulb from Home Depot on my fuge. It works great and its cheap. I was worried at first if the red spectrum would cause nuisance algae growth, but I havent had any problems at all. If your going to put macro's in the fuge, keep in mind that Caulerpa releases a toxin when pruned (which is nessisary for nutrient export). Its a mild toxin, low levels..but its still a toxin. If you go to http://www.reef-aquarium.net
, then to the "educational" link and scroll down, there is some information on the different types of Caulerpa and algae's.