turnover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 125 reef tank with 30 gal. sump. In tank i have 4 koralias <4800g/h> But my question is how much turnover should i have really from sump? What you guys have? I have Mag 12 but when i mesure it gives me only 480 g/h. I have a lot of elbows and chiller in line. Is 480 enaugh?

I don't know much about it but I assume it depends on the overflow. I always assumed you could add the two together for a total turnover. Personally, I get about 600 gph from my sump and around 1300 from my ph. Hope that made sense and helped.

Thanks.Im not concern about my overflows, they can handle lot,lot more, im just asking if that turnover is enaugh for reef tank?

I don't know much about it but I assume it depends on the overflow. I always assumed you could add the two together for a total turnover. Personally, I get about 600 gph from my sump and around 1300 from my ph. Hope that made sense and helped.
How big is your tank?

Mine is a 90. I get around 20x turnover.
See, counting my Koralias i got 50 times turnover. 4 Koralias give me 4800 g/h. Im asking about sump/fuge turnover. Thats diffrent story... How much flow should go thru skimmer with 298g/h pump, fuge < i have separate ball valve to adjust flow in fuge>, return section?

Back
Top Bottom