Twin Spot Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An anyone enlighten me as to the the effectiveness of these fish cleaning substrate? Do they blow sand everywhere or do they just move it around? I've only got 1 other fish in my 30 Gal. Coral tank, a Psychedelic Mandarin. Think there would b any conflict with these 2 species? Any feedback would b appreciated before I go buy 1

They mix the sand well. The sand can get blown around a little and end up on the glass.

They can starve themselves if there isn't enough food in the sand bed, they don't seem to go for any prepared food.

Good info. Thank u. I was looking for Twin Spots at all the lfs's in my area. Usually they're everywhere. Not today. Guess it'll have to wait until Monday when everyone gets their shipments for the week

Oh most people say they do better in pairs but I have just one in my tank. I think having two would make it far more likely that they starve themselves to death.

Agreed. It will b just the 1. I understand they dine on copepods as well as anything they gather fm the substrate. I don't want more competition for my Dragonet than just 1 more fish. Think there r plenty of pods to sustain 2 fish. Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom