Two corals went missing!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Two of my corals went missing overnight!!!!! Im assuming the current from the power heads picked them up and wooshed them away. What can I do other then tear my entire tank apart?

My small 4 head Zoa's and my Green Ricordia. I saw my peppermint shrimp messing with the Zoa's but he walked away after checking it out. Nothing else in the tank that I can think of that would Kees with them. All my fish are reef safe. Maybe it was a hermit or something?

I've had to chase my Ricorida around the tank before, not that fun. I finally found a spot where if it does get blown around I can still get to it w/o moving any rocks. I don't want to mess with mine too much since its in the process of splitting. Is the zoa on a plug?

Ya. A VERY SMALL one lol. I have a feeling I'm going to have to tear my tank apart to find them :(. Can I glue coral to rock?

Yes you use a aquarium safe epoxy. I`ve never used it so I cant tell you the name.

it wont work on a ricordia. I had one fly loose, and reattached it but it didn't stick.

Someone posted on my thread about reattaching a ricordia and had a good article on sewing it on.

AAMF I haven't seen it in a long time. i figure it attached to the back of a rock somewhere.

Get the ric, Get the rock you want it on. Place it in a bowl/bucket with glad wrap over it, Puncher a few holes in it. Put the ric where you want it to stay. Put the containter in a low flow zone.. Give it a week or two and the ric will be attached. I do it with all my frags.

After reading constant discussions about what to use and what glues are safe. I say go with AquaMend. I bought it at home depot for $3 and some change. it is aquarium safe and can be applied completely underwater. you can leave your precious corals in the water and stick them to the rocks. use it generously to make it look like it was part of the rock, algae will grow on it and in no time it will blend in.

i've glued plenty of mushrooms to rocks. you just have to dry it with a paper towel before you apply the glue.

Back
Top Bottom