Two new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a blue spotted watchmen and a scooter. Good deal, both for 5 bucks. HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP!!!!!! There in my QT tank right now.

The goby is about 5 long.

Attachments

• image-943525644.jpg
    image-943525644.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2100503030.jpg
    image-2100503030.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 132
im thinking of getting a yellow watchmen but i heard they might try to escape and i dont have anything covering my tank

Never heard of watchmans jumping. They tend to stay at the bottom or perch on a rock and rarely head towards the surface FWIW. I hope you did your research, or that $5 scooter will be your worst nightmare to keep alive.

Never heard of watchmans jumping. They tend to stay at the bottom or perch on a rock and rarely head towards the surface FWIW. I hope you did your research, or that $5 scooter will be your worst nightmare to keep alive.

is it their diet thats the problem?

Trust me, i now know from experience. unless they are on prepared foods or you can get it to eat prepared they are as diet intensive as a mandarin.

The guy I got it from showed me that they eat too. Thell be in my QT for a day or two only because I know the guy and have been keeping an eye on them for two weeks.

Diet is the problem, they are a pain to get on prepared foods, and otherwise they usually end up perishing in the home aquarium.

Nice find then, just keep an eye on it and make sure it continues eating since some tend to randomly stop and go back to pods. Good luck!

My scooter eats brine wants nothing to do with flake or pellets. I think since I've got him i have started to seriously over feed because i target feed him and to make sure his eating.. they have very large apiatites ( sorry for the mis
spells)

I have ways wanted a scooter blenny but know they are difficult and also knowing what they go through just to get to the store I won't get one to risk its life in my tank. They are one of the fish that should be left in the ocean. Hopefully yours will be the rare one that keeps eating prepared food.

Yup. Eats brine, mysis, and pods. Some algae too. His name is scooter and has beautiful blue specks on his face.

Back
Top Bottom