Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
This whole forum is just a learning experience for everyone. I think any and all input on any topic that I post is great because it shows different points of views and also gives me new insight to things that I might have missed or just didnt know. Its not to beat anyone up. We have all made our mistakes and may not have known them if it wasnt for someone else telling us so.

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the advice guys.
I didn't mean to start a war! Hehe.

Don't really quite understand how the Coral Banded's arm will just reappear, but they are very interesting creatures so it'll be interesting to see.

bonnie3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
It wasn't my intention to start a war, so i'm sorry if i have.

I think all advice is great, but unless people are absolutely certain about something, they should leave it to people with greater knowledge or more experience with the fish in question. I mean we don't want to force bonnie to go to her LFS and give back her entire livestock when there is nothing presently wrong. I've kept many reef aquariums over the years, and one of the major things i've learnt is that the behaviour of fish of the same species can vary greatly, and whilst some may be reef safe, another may rip apart an aquarium.

Now let's give bonnie some ideas as to another fish to add to her reef... Anyone object to any of my suggestions in my previous post? Foxface might be a bit big, but thats just more yellow for bonnie, so i doubt she'd want that anyway!

lilly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I dont know how they just have their arm reappear either. I just know that when my emerald crab lost his arm, on his next shed it was back, bigger and better! As far as a fish for you like I said before I really like the kole yellow eye tang. Check it out:

Thats if you really want a tang. There are other options for you like maybe a dwarf angel or maybe a fairy wrasse. They are all really cool fish. HTH
ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular
My shrimp did the same thing. I brought it home and 2 days later his arms were directly under its perch on the rocks. A few days later it molted and both arms were in tact. I thought I had whodini but sure enough they were there.

Trameltanz is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, coral banded, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com