Two Return Pumps On a SCWD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would using two pumps on a single SCWD squid? I'm thinking it would be more effective if I put them to both feed out of my sump into a PVC Y section. Using a Mag7 and a Rio HF12 - Connect to 1" pipe. One outlet on each side of the tank. Will This work effective to produce a wavemotion with a scwd from the sump? It would 'theoretically' push around 1000 GPH combined into one line after pushing 4' up. I'm just worried about the water causing back pressure on the other pump. Use a Y to a single into wavemaker.. then split it to each side of the tank.

Are you just wanting to do this to increase your input into the SCWD?

I would recommend keeping your return line from the sump simple. If you want to incorporate the SCWD, build yourself a simple closed loop. You can place the pump (mag 7) higher up of the ground and reduce your head pressure, and this will allow easier maintenance to your entire system.

You'll need to have a pipe hanging into your tank that will siphon water out of the tank, into the pump and then back into the tank via the SCWD. check out www.melevsreef.com to find out instructions on doing this.

I agree with the closed loop idea. I have two scwds on my tank. One on each side ona closed loop, works great.

Back
Top Bottom