Two Triggers in one tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought my first two fish for my tank!!!! :D :D

At first I thought I may have made a mistake but now have questions.

I bought a huma trigger and a niger trigger to share a 65 gal. tank.
They were both messing with each other for te first two days. But now they swim along side each other and share the same borrowed hole between some rock in the tank. Is this nomal for triggers?? I have read some times the trigger will be to aggresive to each other to keep. LFS said they would be ok. Dumb me forgot what I had read befor. :oops:

With the fish doing so well together now should I do any thing with them or keep them the way they are???

Also would a Lionfish and a porcupine puffer be ok additions in future?? If not any ideas of others to ad???

Most of the lionfish and the porcupine puffers get very large and will outgrow your 65g in no time.

Your tank is unfortunately maxed out for the future already, perhaps not by the number of fish you wanted, but by the potential bioload and available "real estate". I would not add any more fish at this point, even though they may look small now they are going to grow fairly quickly.

I have had a huma in the same tank with a porcy and a lion for a long time, no problems....

Huma, porcy and a tang were in a 55 together for almost 2 years and I spent most all of my time doing water changes.

Back
Top Bottom