Type of Lighting you use for you anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm curious to see what many reefers use to house their anemone and how they thrive under it. Please put down the type of fixture you use, and if a t5 fixture could you tell me the bulbs you use and how much bulbs it holds. Also, anyone out there using a quad odyssea fixture? I have one myself and am curious to see how your progress is with your anemone.

-The reason I am asking is because I've done a ton of research on anemone's tentacles and why mine turn out to look stringy and wrinkled, not shaped rounded like other nems. I think it might have to do with the bulbs I use (regular ones that come with fixture 2 10000k 2 Actinic) but not sure maybe the par of those aren't right? My nems are placed about 4 inches from the surface and hasn't moved.

I have my nems under ecotech radions. Your nem tentacles are stringy because it is reaching for light. 4 bulb t5ho isn't enough. If going the t5ho route I would never recommends anything less than 6 bulb. That, mh, or leds.

I would try better quality bulbs first, before upgrading the fixture. ATI makes great bulbs. I would go with 2 True Actinics and 2 Coral Plus. Upgrading to better bulbs will probably yield good results considering the stock lamps are usually not the best. Also, consider changing out the bulbs every 6 months. They degrade over time and eventhough they still light, you're not getting much out of them after 9 months.

I have a green bubble tip under t5. Its a 4 bulb fishneedit fixture with 2 giesemann aquablue plus, 1 pure actinic, and 1 actinic plus. Not the best fixture in the world but the bulbs are unbelievable!

Back
Top Bottom