Typical Price For Used 100gal acrylic tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Y

Yokhannan

Hi.

Looking at starting a new reef system. Our LPS has a used 100g acrylic tank for the mid-$300 range.

It's got the typical two opening on top. No built-in overflows. Minor scratching.

Anybody know the 'going price' for this size/condition of a tank?

Thanks.

For a used tank, even a 100g I think 300 is a little steep (even for acrylic), now if it comes with stand and canopy, it may not be such a bad deal, depending on the tank condition. I do think you can do better, depending on what's included with the tank. You will almost always do better, buying second hand, from the source rather than the LFS, try looking in the news paper for a few weeks, you'll probably find someone trying to get rid of a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

Fellow listmember, Casie, was at my house on Monday and they are taking an acrylic class. While talking about the things they were building, (calcium reactor), I remember them saying that the acrylic scratched incredibly easy...that you could fix the scratches, but it just happens again over the smallest things.

Just something you might want to consider.

Hey finally, someone that comes from the same place I do....He he :lol:

Yokhannan,

The going price for a 100 gal acrylic is:

100 Gallons 60x22x20x3/8" Tank- $480.00 Tank & Filter- $580.00 Tank, Filter and Canopy- $690.00

This brand new w/ no scratches.

Scratches would not be a good thing and you can almost knock 50% off for being used. If it is with filter and stand/canopy, 300 sounds good...

If not and it is just the tank, I would take the advice of others and wait for one to show up in the news paper or get glass. Much cheaper. One of the chains around here has 110 gal All Glass aquariums for $169 by itself...

Back
Top Bottom