umbrella leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilyfred

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my umbrella leather coral has got some yellow spots. it has been under stress in the past few days, since i was rearranging my tank. is it bacterail infection? if so, how do i cure it?
thanks

It is possibly a bacterial infection, but may not be. It might be a couple of "hot spots", or simply places where the polyps are not extending.

How long have you had it?
What lighting is it under?
Does it look shiney?
Can we get a picture?

about ten days. one of them opened only once. this one opens more often, but some yellow spots developed on its edges. I wonder if it got from the yellow polyps coral. lighting is good, 4w/g, it does looking shiny.

Could be the start of a shed, leather corals shed a waxy film from time to time to clean algae, slime and detritus from their skin, increasing water flow over the leather will speed the process.

It could also be developing necrotic areas on the edges. If you rub it, does it crumble?

You can add an attatchment to the post here, just hit the rply button, and at the bottom of the rply page, is a place to add an attatchment.

I saw your pic you uploaded to the gallery, it looks to me like some discoloration cause it is getting ready to shed.

Back
Top Bottom