Unexpected sickness/deaths? Need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha if i was on his side of the country i would test every week and even do some water changes!! All i can do from here is yell at him.... Haha :)

Jake just remember we are on your side

and its the only way we can give you the correct diagnosis is knowing whats going on in your tank

Id guess nitrates are high. It looks like youre only running a hang of back filter with no skimmer or sump? Are you having any algae issues?

Yeah...if you are going to do saltwater, you pretty much have to test your water. If you have an LFS, see if they will do it. You can't be sure otherwise. There is a post somewhere else with someone with extremely high phosphates. He is doing massive water changes, which you would assume would help, but they stay high after. It's not always about assuming in this hobby.

It could be high trates or phosphate. What water are you using? Could be a water quality issue. Could be something internal too. I've lost a fox face and a dwarf angel lately and am not sure about the cause. Chromis are fine though. My water (tested all the time) is fine.

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah I agree with each and everyone of you. My next purchase will be a test kit.

But to answer some questions above, no I don't have any algae growing in the tank. If so it's really little and the snails just eat it. I use ro/di water. Yes, i use a hob filter x2 size of tank. Dont have a simmer atm. I really hope the water Chemistry is the reason for the loss. That would be easier to fix than if it were parasites or some other reason.

bad water Chemistry is what leads to other issues

glad your getting a test kit

start a log you'll be glad you did

Back
Top Bottom