unhappy zoos, cyano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yanek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One fine day, my pinpoint ph meter went out. Low battery; oh well, my ph had been steady at 8.2 for quite a while so I wasn't worried. Everything in the tank was happy as can be. Then, another fine day my skimmer pump went out. Took me a week and a half to get it replaced. By that time, my zoos were _very_ unhappy (mostly closed), my mushrooms also were shriveled. After I got my skimmer back online, I ran it for a couple of days and observed minor improvement. I had hoped to see more drastic improvement. So I started testing. Nothing bad, except it looks like my PH dropped to 7.9 - 8.0. I've been dosing kalk and doing water changes every 1-3 days since then. Everything's fine in the tank now (still ph 7.9 though!) except for the zoos (still a little closed) ... and there's cyano. No phosphates showing up. No nitrates.

Thoughts? What's the best way to restabilize my pH?

10 to 20 percent water changes will do the Job every time. Every time you have a severe ph drop like that do a water change. Then to keep it there get some Kent`s superbuffer. But do the water change first. To me this is the only way to stabilize the ph after a drop like that. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom