university project on algae control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a student at the university of wales, and an avid fish keeper. I managed to worm my way round my projec tutor and get him to agree to letting me undertake a fish/invert based project.

The project is about the control of biofilms in aquatic systems" Or the control epilithic or epiphytic algae. I am looking for species lists that would be compatible, and that work when trying to get rid of that damn annoying algae.

I have a good idea about the kind of species that people would be using, but i need people to let me know about their experiences with certain animals in removing algae.

Were they effective, if not why not.
What else did you feed them
Any mistakes you made
If your method of algae control was better than chemical control
Any side effects.

I know that most people are busy, and i cannot offer any financial incentive, but i would be most greatful to hear about your stories of algae control. Anyone that contributes any information will be mentioned in the project, and i will put the project up for people to read, as a whole dossier of organims would no doubt prove useful to all aquarists alike.

Thanks for you time, Jordan.

You can email me at osuc69@bangor.ac.uk

Back
Top Bottom