Unsuspecting hitch hikers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Umpa Lumpa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I got my order for the rest of my live rock in today. (ordered from www.liverocks.com) I picked up the last rock to find a small (about 3 inchs diamator) brittle star. He was just barly moveing around at first. So I put him in my tank, no i didn't acclimate him because he wasn't in any water to begin with.

Well 5 mins later he's climbing up the glass in my tank, well now he's hiding up in a rock.

So my question is do you think he will live? If so what do I feed it? 2 small crabs also hitched a ride, not sure what they are. 1 is around an inch the other is maybe half an inch.

If a mantis shrimp is hideing somewhere will he eat my star? I'm gonna set up a bottle trap tonight just in case.

Umpa Lumpa said:
Well I got my order for the rest of my live rock in today. (ordered from www.liverocks.com) I picked up the last rock to find a small (about 3 inchs diamator) brittle star. He was just barly moveing around at first. So I put him in my tank, no i didn't acclimate him because he wasn't in any water to begin with.

Well 5 mins later he's climbing up the glass in my tank, well now he's hiding up in a rock.

So my question is do you think he will live? If so what do I feed it? 2 small crabs also hitched a ride, not sure what they are. 1 is around an inch the other is maybe half an inch.

If a mantis shrimp is hideing somewhere will he eat my star? I'm gonna set up a bottle trap tonight just in case.

I got 2-3 brittle stars with my shipment from lr about 1 1/2 yrs ago..still alive, we feed them seaweed occasionally, they grab it and pull it into the lr.

my LR came with alot of stars and over 10 crabs....along with many other critters
so far so good
I thought the stars feed off leftovers (food I feed my fish)
They only seem to come out at nite though.

Back
Top Bottom