Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
hey guys just wanting to show an update of my tank now i would also like some feedback from you what you like what you dont like what you think i should add and what i should remove im always looking to find new ways to improve my tank and i want a wow factor to it im currently only doing soft corals atm but want to go to hard corals soon i want to convert my 20gal fresh water tank over soon so i can go a bit bigger

my current stock is:

torch coral
3 mushrooms
hammer coral
duncan coral
plate coral
and one branching torch coral
2 turbo snails
2 yellow tail damsels

i really do want as much feed back as possible thank you
Just so you know, the mushrooms are the only soft coral you have the others are LPS (Large Polyp Stony)

Old 04-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh haha thank you for that I didn't know is there anything you think I should change add or remove from my tank?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Oh haha thank you for that I didn't know is there anything you think I should change add or remove from my tank?
Well you are kind of limited with a 9 gallon as far as stocking options.. Soon, I want to get a pico tank and make it into a zoa garden with just a shrimp and maybe a green clown goby =) Unless you get rid of the damsels, I wouldn't get any other fish though.

Looks good though how you have it set up! When you get the 20 started though, stay away from damsels!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yea I defiantly will stay away from them I'm not adding any more fish I was thinking of doing coral only but I want some movment in the tank and the damsels have nice colors
Old 04-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Yea I defiantly will stay away from them I'm not adding any more fish I was thinking of doing coral only but I want some movment in the tank and the damsels have nice colors
El Fab's Pico Reef - YouTube

Hope that link works.. I came across this video on youtube a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty awesome.. Its a 3 gallon pico that this guy had and did an outstanding job with.. While I don't agree with all the choices of fish he had in it, he had some very neat corals in it and I thought maybe you could get some ideas from it! He has a galaxy coral in the tank which would give you some nice flow, just be carful.. They have some long sweeper tentacles.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Star Polyps and xenia give a lot of nice movement also, but you will have to keep them in check because they can grow very quickly.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is the galaxy coral related to a torch? They look similar except the torch isn't in a ball
Old 04-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Is the galaxy coral related to a torch? They look similar except the torch isn't in a ball
Mmm just did a little looking up on google and it looks like they are not in the Samuel family, aside from both being LPS. Good question though.

I personally always thought they looked kind of like green star polyps just meatier
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Might have to set up my 20 gal if I'm going to get one of them haha there sweeper tenticles are long enough to go most of the way across my tank
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Might have to set up my 20 gal if I'm going to get one of them haha there sweeper tenticles are long enough to go most of the way across my tank
Lol yes! Start it up! I've had my 55 for a little over a year and I am constantly on Craigslist looking for a bigger tank!

Food for thought, the video I linked was a 3 gallon and he had a galaxea coral in.. You have 6 more gallons on him.. If course, who knows, maybe he had all kinds if problems with it

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com